To gain access to the ECE Makerspace, students must attend an on-site orientation first and then complete an online test on Canvas.
Upon successful completion of these requirements, participants will be granted access and receive a certificate as recognition of their accomplishment.
Equip yourself with our state-of-the-art facilities.
- Immerse yourself in a safe and secure environment.
- Explore a wide range of tools at your disposal.
- Discover the latest equipment for your innovative projects.
- Get into the creative zone with your dedicated workspace.
- Bring your ideas to life at our design station.
- Experience the power of our 3D printer farm.
- Unleash your soldering skills at the Electronics Assembly & PCB Soldering Station.
Please refer to the Makerspace calendar to stay updated on upcoming on-site orientations.
Students in their second to fourth year, as well as graduate students and postdocs, have the opportunity to participate in monthly on-site orientation.
Complete the ECE Makerspace Online test on Canvas, then receive your Makerspace Certificate.
Active members of the Electrical and Computer Engineering field are encouraged to join and utilize the ECE Makerspace.
Enroll in ECE Makerspace Online Test on Canvas by using this link: https://canvas.ubc.ca/courses
Having completed both the ECE Makerspace on-site orientation and the ECE Makerspace online test on Canvas, it is essential to provide a one-time certificate submission in order to request access to the Makerspace.
To secure a Makerspace slot, please forward your certificate via Email:firstname.lastname@example.org