- 29 Aug 2019 (Initial Release).
- WT1 2019 deadline for completing this course is 30th Sept 2019 @ 11:59 PM.
- All undergraduate students have received a broadcast email with deadline details and the enrollment instructions, as below.
- Course in now open until Dec 20,2019.
- Course is now open until January 31st, 2020.
All enrolled ECE Students MUST have obtained safety training before being allowed to use any of our laboratories - this training is normally completed at the beginning of the 2nd year. If you have completed this training in prior years, there is no need to take it again. This online course contains 4 training modules for undergraduate students. Once you have completed your online safety training, please visit MCLD 101 to receive your ECE 101 safety sticker.
Failure to complete the required training may result in:
1) The loss of access to ECE laboratories.
2) The refusal of ECE Engineering services privileges during project courses.
3) No consideration for Co-op positions within our group.
4) Your grades suffering up to a 5% penalty (at the discretion of the Professors or TAs).
The safety training is hosted on UBC Canvas - visit this link to enroll: https://canvas.ubc.ca/enroll/88X6EC
Because you are considered an employee of the University, you must abide to Worksafe BC rules and regulations. You MUST complete the "Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment Training Course" from UBC RMS, as well as any training courses required by your supervisor for your practical work. All the UBC RMS courses can be found by CLICKING HERE, as well as information about all training courses HERE.