- ⚠UBC COVID-19⚠ Student access to ECE facilities is suspended until further notice, student completion of online safety training is still required.
- Nov 3rd, 2020: All undergraduate students have received a broadcast email with safety training deadline details and enrollment instructions, as below.
- Online Course “Safety Orientation for Electrical and Computer Engineering – Undergraduate” in now open until Nov 13th,2020.
If you missed to opportunity to take this mandatory course, a new grace period is now open from Dec 9th, 2020 to Jan 18th, 2021.
- If you missed to opportunity to take this mandatory course, the course is now open.
All enrolled ECE Students MUST have obtained safety training before being allowed to use any of our laboratories - this training is normally completed at the beginning of the 2nd year. If you have completed this training in prior years, there is no need to take it again. This online course contains 4 training modules for undergraduate students.
Failure to complete the required safety training may result in the following:
1) Loss of access to ECE laboratories
2) Refusal of ECE Engineering Services requests during project courses
3) No consideration for Co-op positions within the ECE Engineering Services group
4) Grade penalty of up to 5% (at the discretion of lab course instructors)
The safety training is hosted on UBC Canvas - visit this link to enroll: https://canvas.ubc.ca/enroll/88X6EC
Because you are considered an employee of the University, you must abide to Worksafe BC rules and regulations. You MUST complete the "Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment Training Course" from UBC RMS, as well as any training courses required by your supervisor for your practical work. All the UBC RMS courses can be found by CLICKING HERE, as well as information about all training courses HERE.